Thursday, April 30, 2009

Re: no video

--=__Part4860F50A.0__=

Did you switch monitors with a working system? In my days as Net Admin
here at HMA we had this occasionally. It turned out to be the monitor
in most of those cases as I recall. Also check for any bent pins in the
connector which would lead one to think about vandalism. I know these
seem obvious but it never hurts to ask.

Joe Merricks
Math Instructor
Hargrave Military Academy
200 Military Drive
Chatham, VA 24531
merricksj@hargrave.edu

>>> On 04/30/09 at 8:18 AM, in message
<0146EB3E563B1C4A801626D4EBF8EF1CCFEC9A@acds-services.acdsnet.org>,
Sherry Ward <sward@acdsnet.org> wrote:
Hi all,

I've got a problem that seems to be either a bad integrated video
card,
or vandalism and I'm not sure which to hope for. I've got HP dc5000
SFF
desktops and in one of my labs 3 of the 16 have this problem. When
booting up no video displays, the monitor light goes green like its
going to work for a second or two and the goes yellow. Nothing
displays
at all.

I'd be hard pressed if all these units start having this problem but
if
it is vandalism, that might be even harder to overcome.

Do any of you hardware people have suggestions for me? Or you
administrators if it IS vandalism?

I appreciate any ideas,
sherry

Sherry Ward