Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Re: disabling Word features

We successfully use exam4 for this. www.exam4.com

Karl Haeseler
Director of Educational Technology
Convent of the Sacred Heart
1177 King Street
Greenwich, Ct. 06831
203-532-3159 (office)
203-512-6557 (mobil)

-----Original Message-----
From: A forum for independent school educators [mailto:ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.=
EDU] On Behalf Of Dickenson, Steven
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 2:13 PM
To: ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: disabling Word features

There is software out there designed to turn a computer into an exam-friend=
ly word processor, but unfortunately I don't recall the name. It's not fre=
e, but it really locks down the PC to prevent many functions, including cut=
/paste.

There is no native Windows way of restricting copy/paste functions, as they=
're OS level. You can restrict grammar and spelling tools using Group Poli=
cy. You'll need to load the ADM templates available from the Office Resour=
ce Kit.

---
Steven Dickenson <sdickenson@keyschool.org>
Computer Network Manager