Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Re: Google Apps for Education

We migrated our environment from Exchange to Google Apps for Education
(greatly due to the help and advice from folks on this list). Our test
period is over and we are moving people over between now and June. We used
Novell Identity Manager to assist in the migration process....I'm about to
geek out a little for a second...We take students marked as "enrolled" in
our SIS and automatically create AD accounts for them, generate iFolder
accounts and then create a GAfE account. We then auto-populate their
contacts with all of the groups and individuals in our AD environment (only
those designated for such). Any password change is replicated across the
environment.

How cool is that?!!! :-)

Alex

Alex Inman