Thursday, April 30, 2009

School Pictures on the World Wide Web

I am wondering how schools are handling posting of photos on websites that =
you do not own, like Facebook, LinkedIn, Flickr, etc.

Do you have parents sign permission to allow posting of pictures in your co=
ntracts?
Do you have a policy that prevents from posting pictures on these websites?
Do you have guidelines for posting pictures on these websites?
How do you handle teachers posting pictures on personal spaces (their own F=
lickr or Facebook pages)?
How do you handle non-school related people posting pictures? For instance,=
you have a speaker come and do a demonstration and then they post the pict=
ure on their personal space, without getting a signed waiver?
Are there other issues that you have dealt with as a school?

Any information that your school has would be helpful. I noticed a lot of s=
chool pages on facebook have pictures of their students.

Thanks.

Ali

Ali Yares
Park School of Baltimore