Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Re: disabling Word features

I wrote a small application to do this a few years ago but it is Mac only a=
nd I am guessing that "WordPad" means you need it for the PC. I only used =
it for one year before I departed but it did exactly what was needed for th=
e testing requirements. The biggest down side was it had not yet written a=
n auto save function so that it would preserve the text (like Word does) so=
there was a greater possibility of students loosing work. If you are in=
terested, I would happy to send it too you off list.=0A=0AIf anyone else is=
interested on improving it I would be happy to provide the source for furt=
her development under xCode.=0A=0A=0A_J=0A=0A ____________________________=
=0AJason at jasonpj@yahoo.com=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A_______________________________=
_=0AFrom: Debbie Anderson <DAnderson@mcleanschool.org>=0ATo: ISED-L@LISTSER=
V.SYR.EDU=0ASent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 10:15:07 AM=0ASubject: disabling =
Word features=0A=0AI have two students who need to use laptops on their AP =
exams next week.=0AThe proctor just told me that grammar check, spell check=
and cut/paste=0Aare not allowed and wants me to disable the functions. I k=
now that I can=0Aturn off the automatic spell and grammar checks but does a=
nyone know how=0Ato easily disable all three functions? =0A=0A=0A=0AI did l=
ook at WordPad which doesn't have spell check but does allow=0Acutting and =
pasting. I know that my school can't be the only one trying=0Ato comply. An=
y and all ideas are appreiciated.=0A=0A=0A=0AThanks, =0A=0A=0A=0ADebbie And=
erson=0A=0AWebmaster/Upper School Technology Coordinator=0A=0AMcLean School=
of Maryland=0A=0Adanderson@mcleanschool.org=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A[ For info=
on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]=0ASubmissions to ISED-L are rele=
ased under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike lic=
ense.=0ARSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L=0A=
=0A=0A=0A

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L