Monday, April 27, 2009

Re: Web & E-Mail Filter

We're using a Sonicwall NSA 3500 for our firewall w/ the enhanced web
filtering. This unit supports 1k+ users and about 600 to 700
workstations and rarely cracks above 5% utilization. Does an
excellent job combating the web proxies. We have it talking to our
Active Directory domain via LDAP so we can control the level of
filtering down to the grade level.

It also filters most of the email issues so for backup we're using
Symantec's Mail Security.

Regards,
Kory Mohr
Systems Administrator