Thursday, April 23, 2009

Re: receiving large files

One tactic to seriously consider for these applications is to have people drop these files off into their Web server spaces. Assumes your users have personal, AUP constrained, Web sites.

In this case, all the user needs to do is to upload the file and then e-mail the URL to download.

The e-mail system was not intended to be a file transfer medium...

Hoover Chan chan@sacredsf.org
Technology Director
Schools of the Sacred Heart
2222 Broadway St.