Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Re: Netbooks

We will be using the Lenovo S10e next year in grades 5-7. We've done a fair amount of testing and find the machine to be sturdy and fast - good battery life - and a decent size keyboard compared to some others - we really like it. Our only concern is
that it doesn't run the Lego Mindstorms software, but no netbook that I have seen does. Resolution is too low. I took one to NAIS recently and used it throughout the week and loved it - it did everything a laptop would do and fit in my purse! I sure hope
Lenovo is working on a tablet version with a slightly higher resolution - we would be there in a heartbeat!

If you are interested in an always-on case, Infocase has one I believe. They are also developing a sleeve that would fit a netbook - we have used their tablet sleeve in the past and found it to do a great job of protecting the machines.

Karen

Karen Douse
Director of Library and Information Services
Ann Scott Carell Library
615-346-0116
Harpeth Hall School
www.harpethhall.org
Teaching girls to think critically, lead confidently, and live honorably