Thursday, April 9, 2009

Re: Netbooks

Hi Renee,

I found some news on Netbooks for you. There are Netbooks that are coming
out with a full size keyboard and a 11.6" screen. Gateway and Acer have
just introduced some models. If you are still looking, maybe a Dell Mini 12
would best suite your needs.

Brian


On 4/8/09 1:37 PM, "Renee Ramig" <rramig@sevenhillsschool.org> wrote:

> My K-1 teachers said there is no way they would want these small sized
> laptops in their classroom. (We use full size laptops now.) They feel
> the kids need at least a 13" screen in these grades. My role is to
> support the teachers, so I will stay with that size.
>
> Grades 2-8 have been mixed. They are use to the 15" laptops they use
> now. Because of price and portability, I am looking at them for a
> modified 8th grade 1-to-1 program next year. I will let you know how it
> goes.
>
> Renee Ramig
> Seven Hills School

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L