Thursday, April 16, 2009

Re: MS Scheduling: Extra Help Options

This is a bit out of the box, but I read somewhere recently that some schoo=
ls are taking advantage of online connections to have teachers digitally st=
ore classroom presentations (powerpoint with audio, streaming video, etc.).=
Students are expected to access and go through the content during the time=
that they would normally do homework (it is their homework assignment for =
that day). The next day they would come to school and work on their "homewo=
rk assignment" after they had viewed the class content from the digital pre=
sentation. That way the teacher can work with the students who might strugg=
le and the ones who do not need the extra help could work independently or =
help tutor their classmates. I do not think that this is something that co=
uld be done every day (and you would have to convince some teachers of its =
value) but the system got great reviews in the article I read.