Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Re: Insurance for Laptops

I've used Safeware since 1986, and have never had a problem. In fact, they
replaced my first iPod (since it was an external hard drive) when my
daughter broke it several years ago.

As far as Safeware vs homeowners goes, I tend to think that they complement
each other, with each type of policy being good for different things. I
doubt that homeowners would've covered my daughter's unintentionally
trashing my iPod, but Safeware did. On the other hand, I know that Safeware
wouldn't have covered the power surge that trashed my 7yo, second-hand
laptop, but our homeowner's did.

For $70 and $5000 of coverage, I feel that Safeware is a very good bargain.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Brian Lee <blee@mph.net> wrote:

> Homeowners insurance. I did it through mine, and it worked out well.
>
> Brian Lee
> Manlius Pebble Hill School
>
>
>
> > From: Fred Bartels <fred_bartels@rcds.rye.ny.us>
> > Reply-To: A forum for independent school educators <
> ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
> > Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:36:05 -0400
> > To: <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
> > Subject: Insurance for Laptops
> >
> > This is a question for 1-to-1 schools.
> >
> > For years we have recommended Safeware for parents wanting to insure
> > laptops. This year we've had a few parents report very unsatisfactory
> > experiences with the company. I have two questions.
> >
> > 1. Are other schools hearing about increasing issues with Safeware?
> >
> > 2. Are there competitors to Safeware that are doing a better job?
> >
> > Thanks for any information you feel willing to share.
> >
> > Fred
> >
> > -------------------------
> > Fred Bartels
> > Head - Computer Department
> > Rye Country Day School
> > 914-925-4610
>
> [ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,
> non-commercial, share-alike license.
> RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L
>

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L