Thursday, April 2, 2009

Re: Anyone with experience with Mimio Interactive System (Smart Board alternative)?

Remember that you can use both an airliner and a Smartboard on the same com=
puter allowing multiple people to work simultaneously. In fact, I think you=
can have multiple airliners on the same board (I have only tried one but w=
ould be interested to hear if anyone has used multiple airliners).

I used Mimio when they first came out. It was nice in that it could convert=
any standard whiteboard into an IWB. However, the software at that time wa=
s limiting. It was an inexpensive way to enter IWB but I don't see them as =
a "best of breed" for permanent installations. They are great if you want t=
o utilize IWB technology in a traveling presentation. The limitation there =
is that you will need a whiteboard where you travel. This is why I personal=
ly opted for the Airliner for my own consulting purposes.

For permanent installations, I believe you are best served with a mounted p=
rojector and board. Brand preference will depend on your personal taste and=
experience.

Chris Bigenho
Director of Educational Technology
Greenhill School