Monday, April 13, 2009

Neuroscience Question

Currently I have been studying about brain dev=

Question for educators,=0A=0ACurrently I have been studying about brain dev=
elopment and special needs for young children.=A0 From my reading I formed =
a question that I wondered about.=A0 Are there any learning disabilities th=
at involve the lack of ability of a brain to prune the cells that it does n=
ot need?=A0 Could a failure to unlearn cause learning disabilities?=0A=0ACo=
uld=A0disorders like autism or schizophrenia be linked to a pruning issue?=
=A0=A0Is there a relationship between the exponential growth of available i=
nformation to children and the incidence of children with autism?=A0 Does s=
chizophrenia emerge at the age it does because the brain is then in need of=
a defragmentation (for lack of a better word?)=0A=0AIf you have any though=
ts, please do email me directly at my personal account: susan.morrissey@yah=
oo.com.=A0 =0A=0AThanks,=0A=0ASusan Morrissey=0ADirector of Admissions=0AFo=
ntbonne Academy=0A930 Brook Road=0AMilton, Massachusetts=A0 02186=0A617.615=
.3014=0A=0A=0A

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L