Monday, April 20, 2009

Connections abroad

First of all, I would like to thank all of those who have contributed to
past questions. I have saved many responses and have made use of several
throughout the year.

=20

I wonder if anyone out there has made a connection with a school in
another country? I am trying to help our French and Spanish teachers
broaden their horizons to include some kind of meaningful relationship
with schools in Canada or Central/South America. I do not mention Europe
simply because of the time change. I am interested in a relationship
with a school that would be long-term and would include using our tech
resources to make virtual connections. I would love to have students
from both countries "in" a classroom together. I would love for this to
eventually turn into something more meaningful (exchanges of teachers
and students), but would be more than happy to start small. Is anyone
doing such a thing? Could anyone suggest resources to help me on my
journey?

=20

Thanks so much,

=20

Jeff Snow

Dean of Students

Gilman School

5407 Roland Avenue

Baltimore, MD 21212


[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L