Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Re: Surveymonkey

Hi Gareth
We do our surveys from our school web site using a software program called
Web Survey (Version 4 - I think). We bought one license and use it for all
our online school surveys. It lets you create the form (with a wizard) and
allows for branching, multiple choice, true/false, and free response
answers. Once the form is created, you can upload it to a folder on your
site. We usually send out an email with a link to the survey. The data can
be viewed online with tools from the package or downloaded. It will create
an Access Database to work from and generate reports (pre-packaged so I
don't have to create them). You own it and no else tracks it, if you post it
too your site.

Feel free to contact me off the list if you have questions. Good luck!

Suzy Hoffmann

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Gareth Brewster <gbrewster@mac.com> wrote:

> We are currently using Surveymonkey to conduct regular surveys on behalf of
> the school administration and other school groups. The question regarding
> user anonymity, when accessing Surveymonkey, has been raised by concerned
> faculty worried that there could be a "digital trail" linking them to their
> this situation had arisen anywhere else and if so how it had been dealt
> with.
>
> Thanks for sharing.
>
> Gareth
>

> Gareth Brewster
> Director of ICT
> Frankfurt International School/International School Wiesbaden
> +49 06171 2024 ext#283

Suzy Hoffmann
Director of Technology
Sanford School