Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Re: Query - parent Education on Social Networking (Facebook, Twitter, MySpace)

Hello, Dean,

For an excellent, research-based overview of how students are navigating ne=
w media (including, but so much more that just FB/social networking) check =
out the Digital Youth Report, the writeup of three years of research funded=
my the Macarthur Foundation:=20

http://digitalyouth.ischool.berkeley.edu/book-introduction

There's a lot of information there, so it might not be a good fit for many =
parents, but it's an invaluable resource to use when preparing information =
for parents.

Cheers,

Bill