Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Re: Netbooks

--=__Part4068D826.0__=

We are in the process of moving to the Lenovo s10e netbook with SUSE
Linux Enterprise Desktop 10, 160GB hard drive, 1 GB ram. We looked at
the Acer Aspire One and the Lenovo. However, being an all male boarding
school, we felt the Lenovo was a much sturdier built system for our
students and the keyboard had a better feel to it. We also opted for
the 160 GB hard drive and not the SSD that is available because the SLED
10 OS would barely fit in 4 GB . If anyone would like more information
you may contact me off list at merricksj@hargrave.edu.

Joe Merricks
Math Instructor
Hargrave Military Academy
200 Military Drive
Chatham, VA 24531
merricksj@hargrave.edu

>>> On 04/08/09 at 8:07 AM, in message
<EDF3922A2AB7FE4699D3CF6C4102DFD901D27B7E@mx1.sfsnet.org>, Patricia
Moser <moserp@sidwell.edu> wrote:
We are introducing the Companion Touch, a tablet PC netbook into our
6th
grade 1:1 laptop pilot next year. Should be fun!
Patt

Patt Moser
Director of Information Services and Upper School Librarian
Sidwell Friends School
3825 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington DC 20016
Office: 202-537-8164
Mobile: 202-595-4941
Email: moserp@sidwell.edu
Skype: moserp

-----------

Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 19:31:48 -0700
From: Renee Ramig <rramig@sevenhillsschool.org>
Subject: Netbooks

Has anyone decided on Netbooks for use in middle school or high
school?
If so, which brand and model did you decide on? Are they as useful as
notebook?

If you are using them in a 1-to-1 environment what other peripherals
did
you purchase with them (case - type, extra AC adapters, etc.)?

Thanks,

Renee Ramig
Seven Hills School*************

--=__Part4068D826.0__=