Friday, April 3, 2009

Re: Digital cameras

Our school realized that the library already has a good sign-out system and a system in place for billing for materials that are lost or not returned. THus, a fair amount of equipment available to be signed out by students such as graphing calculators is placed in the library, entered into our inventory on the catalog, and signed out under its barcode. We have been doing this with laptops for a decade. We do not own the only equipment, but various departments find that we track them well and give us some to monitor. If the equipment will stay with us on a semi permanent basis, it is not much trouble to monitor.

Judi Lewis, Library Director
Moses Brown School, Providence, RI