Thursday, May 6, 2010

Re: Parents posting videos on You Tube or Facebook of School Activities

You are right about the uproar it would cause. Imagine telling parents not
to record their sacred moments of their child doing something wonderful.
How about finding a faculty member to act as the "bad cop" to tell the
parent not to record their precious moments of the child in which their
child spent hours preparing to do.

If you don't police the camera at school, how does a school tell parents
what not to do with the videos at home? If a crime was performed during the
event and the video is evidence, then there could be legal reasons why to
take down the video.

Brian Lee
Manlius Pebble Hill School