Thursday, May 6, 2010

Re: Online Math Application (IXL.COM)

A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> on May
5, 2010 at 6:53 PM -0400 wrote:
>My 2nd - 5th grade teachers are looking for an online math program that
>students can use in the summer (and possibly through the year for
>homework occasionally) that focuses on basic facts.
>Renee Ramig
>Seven Hills School

Hi Renee (and others) ... we have been using WWW.IXL.COM which now goes to
grade 6... it meets all your requirements ... we have been using it for
multiple grades at The Children's Storefront in Harlem ... it handles both
weak learners and capable learners quite well ... I can issue you a
temporary login/password if you send me a note off the listserv but you
can also explore features using the trial feature ... I am not
exaggerating in saying it is one of my 2 or 3 favorite educational Web 2.0
programs of all time ... Steve

Steve Bergen (sbergen@cstorefront.org)
CIO and Computer Teacher, The Children's Storefront
70 East 129th Street, New York, NY 10035

Please support the Storefront Billion Penny drive by going to
http://www.billionpennyproject.org/

An Independent School in Harlem
Web site: http://www.thechildrensstorefront.org
Tech Saturday Info at http://www.techsaturdays.org

also co-director, The "Summercore" Teaching Company
until the Pats go 19-0 ... http://www.summercore.com
you can "follow Summercore" by going to
http://www.twitter.com/summercore
Summercore 2010 includes June 14-18 (VA) July 12-16 (NYC) July 26-30 (FL)