Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Re: win7 and joining domain

We ran into the same problem at Cary Academy. We discovered that problem wa=
s in one of our active directory group policies applied at the root of the =
domain level.

Policy was set to configure secure certificates in a certain way. We moved =
the group policy to one of the subordinated OUs with XP machines, created n=
ew OU for Windows 7 computers with Windows 7 specific group policies only, =
and the issue was resolved.

Our default domain policy doesn't have any settings other that few account =
and password related settings.