Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Re: Wear, tear, loss and theft for loaned equipment

We have the user sign a laptop agreement. I copy the first few paragraph
of the agreement below. I do extend the warranty for the expected life
of the computer (3-4 years) and add Computrace. I also do preventive
maintenance three times a year on each computer.=20

Agreement for Laptop Use
The Post Oak School is pleased to issue the following laptop for
your sole use on and off the school campus. On campus, the school
will provide a safe environment for your laptop use. Off campus, you
promise to follow all reasonable measures to protect this laptop, to
comply with The Post Oak School's Acceptable Use Policy and netiquette
guidelines, and to use this laptop and the Internet in a constructive
manner.

You are responsible for backing up any data saved on the
laptop's hard drive. We recommend that you save all files to the
school's network instead of the laptop's hard drive; alternately,
you may check out a flash drive from the director of information
technology.

If this laptop is lost or stolen, you will be responsible for
paying $250.00. If it is damaged, you will be responsible for up to
$250 for necessary repairs, except in the case of mechanical
failures not due to negligence. Such payments are due within 45
school days of the RETURN date noted below or within 45 school days
of the day that The Post Oak School learns that the equipment has
been damaged, lost, or stolen. New equipment will be issued when
payment is received.
=09
Laptops must be returned to the director of information
technology at the end of your contract, on your last day of
employment, or when you change your job position at the school,
whichever comes first.

Mirna Andrade-Salgado=20
Director of Information Technology

The Post Oak School
4600 Bissonnet Street | Bellaire, Texas 77401
Direct Line: 281.822.8063| Main: 713.661.6688 | Fax: 713.661.4959
E-mail: mirnaandrade@postoakschool.org |http://www.postoakschool.org=20

This email and any attachments are confidential and private and are
intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s). If you have
received this email in error, please contact the sender and/or The Post
Oak School and delete all copies of the message. Thank you.