Monday, November 23, 2009

Re: [Forum] Programming for girls K-3- WEDO? PicoCricket?

Hello

I used Pico Crickets this summer with a lower school group ( 1st to 3rd
students). I was impressed with how well the kids understood the programming
and enjoyed the building aspect. ( kids got really creative)
I also would like to introduce Microworlds into our lower school. I am using
it right now in our middle school.

Laly Porras
Saddle River Day School

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Jennifer Howland <jenny@kdbs.org> wrote:

> I would like to develop an engineering/programming strand in our lower
> school. I use Scratch and Mindstorms and wonder about WeDo Lego Robots,
> PicoCricket (works with Scratch) and BeBots . Younger students have used
> Googol Choo Choo successfully in building train tracks and towns. Are
> there other products/software I should be considering?
>
> I teach K-4 computer at an all girls school.
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> Jenny Howland
>
> --

Laly Porras