Monday, November 23, 2009

Re: Development Resources

We formerly used Your Pay for credit card processing. This year we
started using Diamond Mind at the request of our business
office. Our business office might start allowing tuition payments
via Diamond Mind.

We use Millennium (owned by Sage Software) for our database -- not
just for gifts but also several other functions for the school. We
use the SQL version but it is available for Oracle too. I write
reports in Crystal Reports. We've been on Millennium through a
number of upgrades, going back to 1992.

You might want to see if CASE (Council for Advancement and Support of
Education) has any seminars etc. that look good to you.

Peggy Dolter
John Burroughs School
St. Louis, Missouri
mdolter@jburroughs.org

At 01:27 PM 11/22/2009, you wrote:
I would also recommend InResonance fund raising offering , "Generations."
The offer a great value. [www.inresonance.com]

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Jim Heynderickx <jheynder@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jason,
>
> As part of your review of online credit card processing gateways, you
> should
> look at IATS, which is part of Ticketmaster:
>
> http://www.iats.ticketmaster.com/english/index.html
>
> If you consider Blackbaud Raiser's Edge as a database for fund-raising
> efforts, you might have some pre-sales meetings with them on larger
> strategy
> issues, given that they work with a rather large array of non-profits.
>
> Jim Heynderickx
>

> On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Jason Johnson <jasonpj@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I am working with a school to start a development office and I have two
> > questions:
> >
> > 1. Outside of the NAIS and ISM resources are there any good resources I
> > should be looking at. I am primarily focusing on grant funding and
> starting
> > an endowment and any hints would be appreciated.
> >
> > 2. What are the best hosted solutions for collecting donations via
> credit
> > card, over the web. I have looked at both PayPal and AuctionPay and the
> > features/pricing are not particularly inspiring. Workflows for mailing
> > acknowledgment of the gift and/or lower prices are what I am most
> interested
> > in.
> >
> > _J
> > ____________________________
> > Jason at jasonpj@yahoo.com
> >

> > [ For info on ISED-L see
> https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874]
> > Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,
> > non-commercial, share-alike license.
> > RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L
> >

> [ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874]

Reynolds-Anthony Harris
Chief Catalyst

"We can't afford to make 'perfect' the enemy of the absolutely necessary."
--- President Obama
Pablo Picasso<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/pablo_picasso.html>
- "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."