Saturday, November 21, 2009

Re: Is Typing Speed Important Anymore

RE composing on handhelds; I wrote about this nearly two years ago -- in Japan, there have been very popular works composed on cellphones, for cellphones --

The article in the Sydney Morning Herald:http://www.smh.com.au/news/mobiles--handhelds/in-japan-cellular-storytelling-is-all-the-rage/2007/12/03/1196530522543.html
Another piece in Techcrunch: http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/12/02/in-japan-half-the-top-selling-books-are-written-on-mobile-phones/
And my blog post: http://funnymonkey.com/yeah-ban-cell-phones-really

And with that said, I do see different methods of composition coexisting for many years to come. But, it is interesting to hear of people bending the definitions of what we think is possible.

Cheers,

Bill