Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Re: Digital essay marking/annotating tools

We're using tablets to do electronic markup of text...gives you all the =
colors of pens and highlighters you might need. When I get a document =
from a student (in Word) I set the spacing to double if it's not that =
and go to town marking it up just as I would with a pen. What I really =
like is that I can mark it up and then remove or change markup as I go =
along, in case I don't want the paper to hemorrhage with red pen or in =
case I understand later a question I had earlier. I also LOVE that then =
I have a copy of the marked up version as well as returning one to the =
student, so when end of term grading rolls around I can easily refer to =
the paper to write about the student's proficiencies and deficiencies. =20

Happy holidays, Vi

----
Vi Richter
Instructor=A0and Academic Technology Coordinator
Information Technology Services
Phillips Exeter Academy
http://www.exeter.edu/ITS