Saturday, November 21, 2009

Re: Trends in the ratio between head salary and average teacher salary

I had a little time this morning so I thought I'd see what stats on this
question I could dig up on the NAIS website.

Using the Salary Tables in the National Tables section I was able to find
the following.

The median salary of Heads, with inflation adjustment, increased 31.4%
between 1999-2009.

The median salary of teachers, with inflation adjustment, increased 5.8%
between 1999-2009.

Between 2004 and 2009 the median inflation adjusted salary for teachers was
-1.8% while for Heads it was 6.1%

These figures come from the 2008-2009 Administrator and Teacher Salary
Tables. If I'm misreading these tables I hope someone will correct me. I
used Table 1602 for Heads and Table 1407 for teachers.

Fred

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 7:36 AM, Fred Bartels <fredbartels@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone has looked into historical trends in independent
> schools in the ratio between headmaster salaries and the average salaries of
> full time teachers?
>
> The trend in corporations has been that the ratio of CEO compensation to
> average worker compensation has increased over the past 30 years.
>
> It would be interesting to know if a similar trend has happened in our
> schools.
>
> Is it possible NAIS could gather this information and share it with the
> community?
>
> --
> Fred
>

[ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874 ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L