Thursday, September 24, 2009

Re: Primary School Technologies

----=_vm_0011_W2910232399_32391_1253830353

Hello Ademola:

I've done this successfully with second graders:
At the end of each month, each student creates a slide in PowerPoint, on =
which they enter text, images and background , etc.,that describes the "h=
ighlights" of the class's learning for the month. They include the name o=
f the month, use bullets, add jpgs, write sentences, and save their work =
to their folders. They are free to add a photo of a project (using media =
center's camera), a favorite piece of writing in Word , or an "excellent"=
Math problem saved from from a Smartboard or Promethean file.

At the end of the year, each child burns a cd of the .ppt and creates a c=
over/contents list for the jewel case--solid proof that learning has take=
n place, and a nice summation of their year!

I suppose, going forward, to be perfectly green, you can do without the c=
d's and just upload finished projects to the classroom webpages (though t=
hat would not be nearly as much fun for the students).

Libby Mueller