Friday, September 25, 2009

Re: Blogger for students

You can make all types of settings in Blogger such as private/public=2C non=
-searchable etc. You do need a Google account which requires an e-mail but=
it doesn't have to be gmail. Under 13 are not allowed to register if you =
follow the terms of service. We have parental permission and only have cla=
ssroom blogs where teachers have full control. Students may be given right=
s to comment on posts or given rights to author posts=2C but they don't hav=
e admin rights. Over 13 may have individual blogs after they have learned =
"behavior and responsibilities=2C etc." on their class blogs. Our teachers=
are responsible for including discussion on how to conduct oneself in thes=
e environments. =20
=20

J Callahan

Berkeley Prep

Tampa FL

=20
> Date: Fri=2C 25 Sep 2009 12:11:26 -0400
> From: mhankins@theodysseyschool.org
> Subject: Blogger for students
> To: ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
>=20
> Is anyone using Google's Blogger (www.blogspot.com) with students? Is
> there a way to control the privacy settings so only students and teachers
> within a school can see the blog? Do students have to have a gmail accoun=
> to post?
> Thanks for your help.
>=20
> marty
> Marty Hankins
> Director of Learning and Technology
> The Odyssey School
> Stevenson=2C MD
> 410-580-5551 x1014
>=20
> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons=2C attributio=
n=2C non-commercial=2C share-alike license.
> RSS Feed=2C http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L
=0A=
Lauren found her dream laptop. Find the PC that=92s right for you.=0A=
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/choosepc/?ocid=3Dftp_val_wl_290=