Monday, September 28, 2009

Re: digital recording device

I would suggest using an iphone or itouch with headset so the class knows
that he is doing it besides just telling them he is doing it. Lapel mic also
works. Anonther option is wireless mic and a video camera in the corner of
the room. Any mp3 voice recorder will actually do. The key is to just do
it...experiment, find what works best for him and the class.

Norman
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Jayme Johnson
<jjohnson@village-school.org>wrote:

> If I may tag onto this question,
> There is a teacher at our school who would like to podcast social studies
> lectures. What is the best way to record the lecture while he is giving it
> to the class. He does not want to sit and record the lecture at his desk,
> but walk around and interact with the class while speaking.
>
> Thanks, in advance, for any advice you lend.
> ~Jayme
>
> Jayme Johnson
> Director of Academic Technology
>
> Village School
> 780 Swarthmore Avenue
> Pacific Palisades, California 90272
> 310-459-8411 x120
> http://www.village-school.org
>
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Stephanie Oberle <
> soberle@francisparker.org
> > wrote:
>
> > I have a French teacher who would like to begin podcasting in his class.
> Do
> > you have any suggestions for digital recording devices for him to use?

Norman Constantine
Director of Technology Integration
Wakefield School
The Plains, VA