Saturday, August 22, 2009

REPLY: Web 2.0 Start Pages

Lisa

I have a list of Web 2.0 Start Pages on Shambles at

http://www.shambles.net/pages/learning/infolit/startpage/

Coincidently I'm doing a webinar for the Classroom 2.0 guys in a few hours
... which is Saturday 22 August at 9:00 am USA Pacific Time ... related
to setting up a Web 2.0 Start page and then specifically using it as an RSS
Reader.

Go to http://bit.ly/classroom2

If you miss the live session then it will be archived on the same website
after a couple of days.

The webinar platform being used is "Elluminate" ... if you've never tried it
then now might be a good opportunity to get your feet wet ...

Hope this is helpful

Chris

Shambles listed in top ten websites by (UK)
Teachers TV http://www.teachers.tv/video/4946

Second Life: Shamblesguru Voom
Twitter: shamblesguru Skype: cthsmith
ePortfolio www.shambles.net/csmith
w-shops
www.shambles.net/csmith/workshops
Chris Smith : email: csmith@csmith.info
Personal Learning Network: www.shambles.net/csmith/pln
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/shamblesguru
Based in Thailand, working across S.E.Asia
The Education Project Asia www.shambles.net
Support for ICT across the Curriculum (consultancy)
'It's out there somewhere, the trick is finding it'
International Schools Island in Second Life
Indexing S.L. for Educators in S.L. itself
SLURL http://tinyurl.com/2o44dw

Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:27:33 -0500
From: Lisa Sjogren <lisa.a.sjogren@gmail.com>
Subject: Innovative Start Pages for Google Apps for Education (GAE)

As of December 1, 2008 GAE discontinued the start page for new sign ups. We
switched our domain and have lost that feature and now need to develop our
own start page. Do any of you have innovative (non-google) start pages for
your students?

Thank you,
Lisa