Friday, August 14, 2009

Re: iPod Touch Programming Skills

I have eleven apps selling in the store at the moment- and even though I
have some programming experience- but in the past 15 years I have mostly
done things in Director, when I looked at the SDK last spring I realized
that my lack of knowledge of C++ was going to make it very slow going. So I
fond a partner. It makes no sense to try to teach a class in writing apps
for the Iphone to students who do not know C.Just my opinion

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Keith E Gatling <keith@gatling.us> wrote:

> I've got a quick question out there for anyone who might have the answer.
> When learning how to write apps for the iPod Touch and the iPhone, does it
> help to have previous programming skills (like Java or C++), or can one
> just
> jump right in? I've been asked to prepare to teach just such a course next
> fall, and want to know what I'm getting myself and my potential students
> into - especially if THEY don't have any programming background.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> keg
>
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> Keith E Gatling - Computer Instructor
> Manlius Pebble Hill School
> 5300 Jamesville Rd
> DeWitt, NY 13214
> 315.446.2452
> Blog: wordfromg.blogspot.com
> Website www.gatling.us/keith
>
> Some teachers teach subjects. Others teach people.

Marc Schulman
Multimedia Historian
http://www.historycentral.com