Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Re: Laptop Carts

We actually got rid of our old carts (not sure brand) and went with a
combination of Anthro carts (in K-5 classrooms) and shelves (no carts)
in middle school. (We just bought power strips and mounted these to the
wall, and put the laptops on widely spaced shelves.)

Students in middle school just swing by one of the two rooms where there
are laptops and grab them whenever they need them. The laptops are used
almost exclusively by small groups of students rather than an entire
class in middle school, so it was much easier to just have students go
to the laptops rather than the other way around. =20

Renee Ramig
Seven Hills School