Saturday, August 15, 2009

Re: iPod Touch Programming Skills

This has been an interesting and helpful discussion. I'm contemplating
offering an iPod Touch/iPhone (and hope Apple tablet... one can hope)
programming course during the spring semester. I did some reading this
summer on Objective C and Cocoa and became a little discouraged about the
steep learning curve. It's probably a better idea to just jump in and
start playing as John Thurner suggests.

Last spring I started a group on the Independent School Cooperative ning
(http://iscoop.ning.com/group/iphonesoftwaredevelopment) for those
interested in working on creating and teaching a course about developing
software for the iPhone, the iPod Touch and the coming Apple tablet. This
might be a good place to share information on an ongoing basis.

I've copied the series of messages on the subject from ISED over to a
discussion on the Ning so it is easy to refer back to.

Fred

Fred Bartels
Head - Computer Department
Rye Country Day School