Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Re: Printing/Copy Solutions

Alex,

We eliminated all printers two years ago and switched to a copier/
printer. All teachers are set up to to "print" to a mailbox on the
copier. They must go to the copier and enter their password to print
out the item. The good part about this is that the teachers only
print the one item they really need. There are so many times you hit
print and then see something you want to change and then print all
over. I have the copier set to delete the item after 24 hours and
this keeps the mailbox from being full.

As for student printing we do not allow it at our school. The
students turn in assignments electronically through google docs or
through email. If there is a special project that a class needs to
print the final version the students save them on their jump drive and
work with our tech to print or the teacher prints the final version.

We have saved money by not purchasing ink and we use less paper.

Good luck,
Dorothy

Dorothy Bialke, Principal
St. Raphael's Catholic School