Monday, August 24, 2009

Re: YouTube and Firewalls...

We allow our faculty access to YouTube though our Sonicwall Firewalls.
The Faculty member must authenticate using their (Novell user login in
our case LDAP) which then allows for a 40 minute access session. If the
Faculty users needs more time they just login again for another 40
minute session. This also prevents if a faculty member forgets to
logout the session access will expires. We have also allowed many other
sites this way for each of our schools.

Ron

________________________________
Ronald Carter
Director of Technology
Shady Side Academy
423 Fox Chapel Rd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15238
Direct Dial 412-968-3227
rcarter@shadysideacademy.org

>>> Norman Constantine <nconstantine@wakefieldschool.org> 8/23/2009
5:08 PM >>>
Our Tech committee just voted to allow access to YouTube for teacher
computers. It will still be blocked on all other machines.

Norman