Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Re: Query - Lost and Found - What works?

We have lost and found bins on each floor and, at the end of the year, anything unclaimed is donated to a charity. This, I suspect, is fairly standard.

Last year, our middle school devoted one weekly assembly session to a "fashion show" wherein girls modeled all the stuff then in the lost and found bins. It was both very funny and very effective. All sorts of lost items were claimed by their owners.

A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> on May 5, 2010 at 2:21 PM -0400 wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>Has anyone had any success with student "lost and found" items and issues. Specifically, over the course of a term or a year I collect many bins filled with clothing and various unclaimed things. I have yet to find a system that really works well and
>I've tried so many. I would love to hear any success stories you might have. Thanks in advance.
>
>Dean J. Fusto
>Head of upper school
>Assistant head of school
>The Bement School
>www.bement.org
>

>[ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874 ]
>Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
>RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L

Lisa Pedicini
Director of Technology Integration and eLearning
The Spence School
646-943-6827
Extension 263