Thursday, January 8, 2009

Re: Facebook question

Wow great stuff so far, thank you all for your input=20

Network throughput concerns as well as student distraction in class has
prevented us from opening social sites to our students.=20

Our students are local administrators on their laptops so we are
constantly dealing with malware and virus issues that occur when they
take the machines home.=20

Karen,
We have seen a rise lately in imaging due to our students being fooled
into installing the many variations of Antivirus XP 2008/9 rouge
software that's been out there. We have been trying to get our students
to use other browsers that are not so susceptible to ActiveX exploits,
such as Firefox. =20

David Hennel