Friday, January 9, 2009

Re: 3 tech related announcements (grade 7 wiki, quirky Mac electric plug, Summerc

A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> writes:
>2) To tech coordinators: As part of our Tech Saturdays program in which we
>give away old computers to Harlem families. we have about 15 of the old
>"lamp-shade Macs" which use a unique non-standard electric plug. See
>http://www.cstorefront.org/plug.jpg to help jog your memory. Do you have
>any of these plugs you can send me or do you know where I can get them? I
>have 15 good computers for Harlem families but no electric plugs!

Steve -
[ fcp://@fc.harfordday.org,%238850080/MailBox/jades-computer.amazonwebstore.com ]Jade
Computers has these cords at about $15 (part 922-6676).

>1) To grade 7 teachers of any flavor anywhere in the world: My grade 7
>students in Harlem NYC have an ongoing wiki/skype e-relationship with Bill
>Ivey's grade 7 students at Stoneleigh-Burnham school in Massachusetts. We
>are seeking 1 or 2 more schools to be involved with this project that we
>are launching. See http://www.cstorefront.org/grade7wiki.jpg for the main
>screen of our "private and safe" Wiki including a few of the "getting
>acquainted" activities. If interested, please e-mail me OFF the listserv
>and I can tell you more via e-mail, phone or skype. We hope to get a 3rd
>or 4th school involved, hopefully far away from NY and Massachusetts.

I am forwarding this to my 7th grade teachers to see if they would be interested.

David F. Withrow
Director of Technology
Harford Day School
Bel Air, Maryland 21014
voice: 410 879 2350 ex 33
fax: 410 836 5918
http://www.harfordday.org

The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children.
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
- Yogi Berra