Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Re: Thoughts on Xirrus?

I am reading all of the posts about the on going battle of what wireless
solution is better and why. Price seems to be the big issue of choosing
an industrial grade wireless solution. When companies come to you and
preform the site survey is the survey free and guaranteed? Meaning if
additional APs are required the company gives them to you. When a vendor
gives you a price is that it? Take it for face value?
Xirrus cut my number of AP's in half and that included a new building.
They came to me with a huge price and I sent it back for a do over. The
site survey was guaranteed. If a problem comes up someone is on the phone
with me and/or standing in my doorway ready to work. I may have paid a
little more for my solution but it was well worth it.


Brian Meeks ACTC, ACDT, A+
Network Administrator
The Paideia School
404-270-2306

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L