Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Re: Obama's inauguration: Class rules the streets of D.C. -

A group of our Upper School students and a few faculty are attending
(without tickets). The kids are going to try to do some mobile Flip videos
and/or audio recordings, interviewing attendees. I think they want to
target older Americans and ask them who was the president when they were
teens and what their experiences are/were. The whole thing will eventually
be on a ning they've set up.

At school, we are doing special schedules and showing the ceremony in
various locations through campus. We're using WinTV antennas through
computers and picking up the local HD feeds. We don't have cable or
satellite currently, and we don't want to stream via the Internet. These
antennas work pretty well so far.

Michelle

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 7:16 PM, Lucy Gray <elemenous@gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought I posted this earlier, but apparently I didn't! Interesting
> article below about the inauguration, students and social media.
> There's a nice mention of an independent school as well. Anyone else
> doing anything special for the inauguration? I'd be curious to learn
> how schools are planning on address this major teachable moment.
>

> http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/posted/archive/2009/01/14/obama-s-inauguration-class-rules-the-streets-of-d-c.aspx
>
> --
> Lucy Gray
> Lead Technology Coach