Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Re: lower school laptops

Hi,

We have our Lower School student use the MacBooks. They have been wonderfu=
because students are able to create podcast, movies, and music on the
laptops. They are able to combined all forms of media and use it as a
presentation materials to talk about their subject.

If you mix the MacBooks with JAMF Casper Suite (Mac management), you will
have a sweet time getting everything ready by the summer. We just started
to use JAMF Casper this past summer, and it helped our school deploy Macs
quicker and easier.

A few things to think about:
- Laptop carts does not negate the need for a computer lab. It just change=
the nature how we use it.
- Security policy for laptops. Who can borrow, where they can go, who is
responsible, where to store the cart, etc.
- Our Apple reps gives free workshops to our teachers on how to use the Mac=
in education. Free onsite tutorial on iMovie, Garageband, etc.

If you like to talk to one of our lower school teachers, I can hook you up
with one. Let me know.

Brian