Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Re: Adobe Lesson Plans

The Adobe Classroom in a Book series is terrific. They are tutorials
that students can follow at their own pace, with files to work from.
I've used the Photoshop and InDesign ones quite successfully with
high school and middle school students. The downside is that you
have to buy the books.....but you might be able to pick up some old
ones (from previous versions of Photoshop, Illustrator & Pagemaker)
cheaply. The software doesn't change so much that the old tutorials
are unusable -- in fact, I sometimes use the old tutorials as the
basis for quizzes once my students have learned to use the software.

Atomic Learning is another way to go, but is more passive than
actively doing tutorials.

cheers,
- marty

--