Monday, October 20, 2008

Re: Web filtering software as parental option on 1:1 laptop program

Patt,

We just launched our 1:1 program this Fall and had a similar challenge.
For parents that choose to pursue a web filter at home, we recommend
OpenDNS. It's a free service that filters by categories and installs on
the home internet router, so nothing to install (or hack around) on the
PCs. This works for any PC that's using the internet router, so when
friends visit with their PCs, they are subject to the internet filtering
as well.

http://www.opendns.com/

Dave