Monday, October 20, 2008

Re: Web filtering software as parental option on 1:1 laptop program

OpenDNS does work but is trivial to get around. All a student needs to
do is to enter IP addresses for DNS servers that are not part of the
OpenDNS system. Even if the router has been set to use Open DNS the
settings in the computer will over rule those on the router which is
simply providing DNS addresses for computers that do not have any when
it gives out the DHCP IP address.

Greg