Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Re: 1:1 Laptop Planning

Your last line says it all... 75 % turnover in staff. This means you
will train on the job and any new employee will need training each year
so this on the job training is a needed requirement. I have done 1:1
implementations that are phased in per grade level and one where all
students (250) received them at one time.=20

No matter how much lead time it all comes down to level of adoption by
the faculty. I would give all faculty a laptop and give one group of
students a laptop as well. This way it provides a 'training and testing'
situation in a shorter time frame and allows everyone to get adjusted at
one time.

Feel free to email me off the list.

Vincent Jansen
Director of Information Services