Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Re: Seeking ideas for "free software" to put onto a Disk Image for Harlem Families

My favorite link:

http://softwarefor.org

Software for Starving Students. There is a Downloads link that points to
two disk images -- one for Windows and one for Macs -- that contain all
sorts of free software.

Hope this helps,
Christopher

On 1/1/08 7:42 AM, "Steve Bergen" <sbergen@cstorefront.org> wrote:

> As some of you know, we at The Children's Storefront in Harlem are
> collaborating with The Harlem Wireless Initiative to give away computers
> to Harlem families in 2008. We have been very much appreciative of
> numerous Independent Schools around the country that have donated old
> computers to us.
>
> I have put together a first pass of what we will put onto each Mac image
> and PC image. I would love suggestions from any of you for software that
> would enhance this list.
>
> See http://thechildrensstorefront.org/ts/image.htm
>
> Thanks in advance for your time. Happy new year, everyone! Steve
>
> p.s. we are now enrolling people for 3 Summercore sessions, 2 in NYC area
> and 1 in Florida (see below or our Web Site)
>
> Steve Bergen
> CIO and Computer Teacher, The Children's Storefront
> e-mail: sbergen@cstorefront.org
> An Independent School in Harlem
> address: 70 East 129th Street, New York, NY 10035
>
> also co-director, The "Summercore" Teaching Company ...
> http://www.summercore.com
>
> Summercore 2008 includes July 7-11 and July 14-18 at Horace Mann, NY
> as well as July 21-25 at Shorecrest in St. Petersburg, FL (all 3 open to
> public)

Christopher Butler
Academic Technology Director
St. John's Preparatory School