Thursday, January 17, 2008

Re: Year abroad programs

Hello Garine,

We allow for graduation requirements to be met through School Year
Abroad (the one study abroad program that we are associated with). Study
abroad can pose some issue with our science and history requirements
since SYA does not offer a science course and the History course is
based on the History of the place that they are studying (so it does not
meet our US History graduation requirement). As for the transcript, we
do not utilize grades earned while abroad in our GPA calculation, nor do
they appear on the transcript. We enclose the transcript from SYA in the
forms we forward to colleges.

Hope this helps,

Philip Schwartz
Academic Dean