Thursday, January 24, 2008

Re: Catalog Canceling Challenge

It is interesting how large trees can grow from such small seeds.
Following up on my January 7 post about Mr. Wells' "Unwanted Catalog
Canceling Challenge", it was featured on the "Today Show" this morning.
You can read about it and view the video segment here:
http://www.parkschool.org/blogs/ted_wells/2008/01/24/what-a-day/
This was very exciting for the students... to have their work taken
seriously and displayed around the world.

Any schools out there want to help us bring the total of canceled unwanted
catalogs over 100,000? Our students canceled 4175. Taking that as an
average, this would only need 24 schools to participate. We know of about
6 who are participating now. Please join us! Just visit the following web
site for some helpful hints, then follow through by emailing Ted with
details about total catalogs, pounds-per-child, and catalogs-per-child.
And photos would be nice too!
http://www.parkschool.org/blogs/ted_wells/catalog-canceling-challenge/

-Tom Smith, Park School