Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Re: Technology & Reading

A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> writes:
>My question is this: is there a software or site that will allow you to
>insert any text and then allow the user these same capabilities as the
>above site does? Please share other ideas you might have on how to
>accomplish this same thing in possibly Word or some other software we
>likely have access to.
Fleck at fleck.com is a free Web 2.0 tool that enables users to post notes
to a web page in Firefox or Internet Explorer and share them with others.
It's simple and intuitive and ideal for posting instructions or commentary
on web pages.

Tom Daccord
Academic Technology Advocate/History Teacher
Noble & Greenough School (Dedham, MA)
thomas_daccord@nobles.edu

Web Sites:
Best of History Web Sites
http://besthistorysites.net
Center for Teaching History With Technology
http://thwt.org
Teaching Literature and Writing with Technology
http://thwt.org/writingandlit.htm
edtechteacher

http://thwt.typepad.com/edtechteacher/

Books:
Best of History Web Sites (Neal-Schuman Press)
http://www.neal-schuman.com/db/9/599.html
Classroom-Tested Ideas for Teaching with Technology (M.E. Sharpe)
-May 2008